Fresh raspberries contain lots of fiber, fat, and minimal net carbs, offering a high flavor profile of your vinaigrette. Even though it has minimal net carbs and is high-fat: is raspberry vinaigrette keto? This guide will help you understand whether raspberry vinaigrette is keto-friendly or not.
Is Raspberry Vinaigrette Keto?
Many store-bought raspberry vinaigrette contains hidden sugars and chemicals, so they cannot be included in a ketogenic diet. However, you can still get a keto-friendly raspberry vinaigrette in stores and online, provided you check the ingredients to ensure that they are keto-approved.
So, is raspberry vinaigrette keto? The only way to ensure that the raspberry vinaigrette is keto is homemade. This guide will show you how to make a keto friendly raspberry vinaigrette in around 5 minutes. Alternatively, you can opt for other flavors, such as the Hungry Squirrel Sweet Soy Ginger Vinaigrette.
How to Make a Keto Friendly Raspberry Vinaigrette
Most store-bought raspberry vinaigrette is not keto friendly as they contain preservatives, processed foods, and unhealthy ingredients. It is therefore advisable to make your keto-friendly raspberry vinaigrette at home. Here are the steps to follow.
A delicious raspberry vinaigrette should be prepared using fresh raspberries to contain fiber and other useful nutrients that your body requires. You will also need to use keto approved ingredients if you want to prepare a keto-friendly raspberry vinaigrette. Below is what you will require:
- Mustard: You can use your favorite type for the mustard but in small quantities. Mostly the Dijon mustard is highly recommended because of its high flavor profile.
- Vinegar: The white wine vinegar is the best in this case, for it has a great combination of sweet and mouth-filling taste, making your raspberry vinaigrette impeccable. You can use apple cider vinegar or white distilled vinegar as substitutes.
- Lemon Juice: To produce the best lemony flavor, you should use freshly-squeezed lemon juice from ripe lemons. The jarred lemon juice can as well be used as a substitute.
- Sweetener: During raspberry vinaigrette dressing, you should use sugar-free honey as it is a keto friendly sweetener. The sweetener helps bring together all the ingredients producing the natural sweetness of raspberries.
- Olive Oil: You can use the extra light, or the extra virgin olive oil doesn’t matter. Either type has a light flavor, allowing you to taste all the other ingredients in your raspberry vinaigrette.
Raspberries: You can either use frozen or fresh berries. If you choose to use frozen raspberries, ensure you allow them to thaw first. Skipping this step will make you end up with a smoothie instead of a salad dressing.
Now that you have assembled all the necessary ingredients, you will need to first measure the right amounts to use before preparing the raspberry vinaigrette. Follow the below instructions on measuring and preparing a keto friendly raspberry vinaigrette.
- Put 6 ounces of raspberries into a bowl
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- Put two tablespoons of lemon juice
- Add a half cup of white vinegar
- Add 1/4 cup of virgin olive oil
- Put one tablespoon of sugar-free honey or Erythritol
- Add 1/4 cup of water
- Blend until smooth. Although you can mix with a fork and a bowl, it’s advisable to pour the ingredients into a Vitamix Blender and then blend until smooth
- Strain out the seeds from the vinaigrette and discard the seeds
- Pour into a sealed container or a glass jar and then store in the refrigerator
- Your keto-friendly raspberry vinaigrette is now ready for use, and you only need to shake it before drizzling it over the salads
When it comes to nutrition, one serving of this vinaigrette contains 1 gram of fiber, 3 grams of carbohydrates, 7 grams of fat, 1 gram of sugar, 1 g of protein, and 74 kcal calories.
What Can I Serve With Keto Friendly Raspberry Vinaigrette?
You can toss it with other recipes to make your raspberry vinaigrette more delicious when serving. Below are the different recipes that you can serve with your keto friendly raspberry vinaigrette:
- Marinade: The keto friendly raspberry vinaigrette can be used as a marinade on light meat types such as chicken and pork.
- Salad: You can use this keto friendly raspberry vinaigrette as a dressing for other types of keto friendly salads, such as a topping for chopped baby spinach, arugula, and kale.
- Baked cod: Keeping in mind that a keto-friendly raspberry vinaigrette uses fresh lemon juice as one of the ingredients, it means you can use it to bring out the bright flavor in a baked cod.
- Herb garlic butter with beef tenderloin: Considering that this raspberry vinaigrette is sweet, you can use it with a salty and savory recipe such as garlic butter and beef tenderloin.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Can I Store a Keto Friendly Raspberry Vinaigrette?
The raspberry vinaigrette can last up to two weeks if kept properly in a refrigerator. However, you will need to sniff it after five days to ensure that it is still good.
Remember that raspberry vinaigrette tends to separate when stored in a fridge, so it is advisable to store it in a tightly sealed container or a mason jar to make it easier to shake it when you want to use it.
Is a Raspberry Vinaigrette Healthy for Me?
A raspberry vinaigrette is one of the healthiest dressings, especially a homemade keto-friendly one as it doesn't contain added sugars and preservatives. For instance, a homemade raspberry vinaigrette contains vinegar, fresh fruit, and a small amount of olive oil, all keto friendly and healthy.
How Long Can an Unopened Raspberry Vinaigrette Last?
If you store an unopened raspberry vinaigrette properly, it can remain in good quality for around 12 to 18 months. However, you will need to store it in a refrigerator once you open the package, but still, it can only remain consumable for around two weeks after opening.
So, is raspberry vinaigrette keto? Depending on the ingredients included, a raspberry vinaigrette can be keto-friendly or not. It is always good to familiarize yourself on what store bought dressings will ensure you maintain ketosis, but in a pinch, a homemade dressing will satisfy your cravings and your diet.