A Chef's Recipe for a Keto-Friendly Poke Bowl
Poke bowls are all the rage right now and you can’t swing a tuna fish without hitting one of these tasty little treats on the menu of your favorite restaurant. In spite of the fact that this dish originated in Hawaii, it’s just as popular across the continental United States, especially here in California. If you’re looking to try a new recipe at home that’s keto-friendly, this one from renowned chef Dona at Nick & G's Restaurant, that will have you feeling like you’re on vacation in no time flat!
1. Cube the tuna
2. Dice the mango, avocado, shallot, green onion, cucumber and micro cilantro
3. Julienne the radishes
4. Cook the black rice and allow to cool
5. Combine the rice, the tuna and the cubed and julienned ingredients into a bowl
6. Add Hungry Squirrel Teriyaki sauce and a dash of soy sauce and sesame oil into the bowl of ingredients
7. Begin adding the new mixture into a ramekin to get the shape and push it down with a spoon before removing it and plating it
8. Garnish the meal with some sliced avocado and mango. Then sprinkle on some micro cilantro and toasted sesame seeds.